Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Studio time

I had a good day in the studio yesterday. Finished a new piece in hommage to my finch that died last month and got started on a new larger piece that I have wanted to do for a while. I got the drawing done on canvas and now I am ready to start with the painting. It is my Samson painting. It is a larger piece, 26 x 36, than I the small pieces I have found myself doing recently. I love painting large, but I have a hard time storing the larger pieces when they are complete. I have my small gallery space, 8' x 8' at the gallery, but it can only hold smaller pieces, for the most part. I am trying something new with this new piece. I am working on canvas, beginning in oil, then going in with the encaustics, which is what I have wanted to learn to do when I started working in wax. With my husband in Winston-Salem till Sunday, I get lots of studio time at night without feeling guilty about neglecting him. Today I am doing a favor for a friend and will be gone most of the day, but can't wait to return home to begin working.

No comments: