Tuesday, July 10, 2007

There's No Place Like Home

After two weeks on the road, I am finally back home. My return trip from Atlanta left a lot to be desired. My original flight from Atlanta to Miami went fine, except we had to sit on the runway in Miami for an hr while waiting for bad weather to pass before being able to get off to make my connecting flight. My connecting flight was delayed and then eventually cancelled due to a problem with the locks in the luggage compartment below. Thank goodness I have friends in Miami that I was able to stay the night with. After a short shopping spree to KMart, I was unable to get may baggage back, I managed a good night's sleep and made it back to the airport early Friday morning to catch my 10:20 flight back to San Juan. Upon my arrival in SJ, my bags were no where to be found. When I went to the baggage assistance area, they were able to retrieve one of my bags and sent me on my way. Of course, my other bag was there also, but they didn't bother to look, so I had to wait till Sat evening before getting the rest of my belongings. But all is well and good.

My trip to Atlanta was great. Went to the High Museum of Art where there were exhibitions of Annie Lebowitz, photographer and Cecilia Beaux, a portrait artist. I really enjoyed Beaux's portraits. Lebowitz's photos were amazing, but I didn't feel a connection with them. There was also a huge crowd of people there, making it difficult to view the exhibit.

Of course, once again, my favorite image in the museum was another Keifer painting named "Dragon". I am really loving Keifer. I admired his work in college, but had forgotten how fabulous his textures are and how moving his images can be. The photo just does not due justice to this piece or any of his pieces.

I am heading back into my studio as I have an exhibition in Delaware to prepare for. After seeing Keifer, I am wondering how this will impact my future pieces. Guess we will find out.

No comments: