Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Art Quotes

"Above all, it is a matter of loving art, not understanding it."
Fernand Leger
"There's no retirement for an artist, it's your way of living so there's no end to it."
Henry Moore
"Painting is a language which cannot be replaced by another language. I don’t know what to say about what I paint, really."
Balthus
"A sincere artist is not one who makes a faithful attempt to put on to canvas what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something which is, in itself, a living thing."
William Dobell
"O great creator of being grant us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives."
Jim Morrison
"I just wanted to find out where the boundaries were. I've found out there aren't any. I wanted to be stopped but no one will stop me."
Damien Hirst
"The method of painting is the natural growth out of a need. I want to express my feelings rather than illustrate them."
Jackson Pollock
"It's not a matter of painting life, it's a matter of giving life to painting."
Pierre Bonnard

No comments: