Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Trying to get my work...

Along with leaving my old unhappy life in Puerto Rico, I left all my life's work. Thinking they would be in good hands and once I got set up here I would be able to get them back. NOT TRUE!!! My poor paintings are being held captive and I am unable to get them back. All I seem to get is a bunch of empty promises that they will be sent next week...well next week is 5 months already. My fault for ever believing that the promises of a man who I mistakenly thought would actually respect me and my work enough to send them to me. My fault for believing that 16 years with someone actually mattered. My fault for closing my eyes to see that once he was secure enough to know I wouldn't take his pension and retirement, that he could then call off all agreements and prior arrangements. Now my work is probably sitting outside somewhere collection dust, mold and lizard poop. Guess it is kind of fitting as that was what our marriage was like for the last 6 years of it. Dusty, moldy and full of shit!

Then again...what else should I expect from a man who when I caught him fucking a 25 yr old and I confronted him, told me I was crazy and imagining things, or when I told him I wanted to leave him and move on to try to find happiness, asked me if I needed to see a therapist, or when I have proof he is currently screwing a 30 yr old, someone younger than his youngest daughter, who also btw, happens to look like his youngest daughter, he continues to deny it.

No comments: