Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Preparing for a new painting

Some artists need to work everyday in their studio. I usually do this also. I find that working everyday, even on a little something, helps the creativity cycle. But sometimes, I find that doing everyday stuff and staying out of my studio for a period of time does the same thing for me. Especially when I am in a transition period, like I am in now. Often my mind feels all cluttered and I need to unload some of the clutter in order for me to move on. This is what I have been doing for the past couple of months. But I feel the urgency to get back into my studio and start producing again. I have a solo show coming up in Delaware in Sept. and I I feel this energy buzzing around to create something in a bit of a new direction for me. As I am researching and gathering information, I formulate my thoughts and get my head together. I have discovered that in my state of unbusy studio work I am still mind busy with ideas. Part of search and gather. During this period, I look at lots of other artwork, search the net and formulate my compositions and painting subjects. I have been working on some things for a while now but haven't yet put anything down on paper or canvas. But that will be coming today or tomorrow. Hooray! Day 3....still smoke-free. I even tested myself a bit last night and went to my neighbor's house for a glass of wine, She smokes a lot and I was sure I would be tempted. But I wasn't. In fact, the smell made me a bit nauseous. So, I think I might have this kicked. Hopefully later today I will have some sketches to upload.

No comments: