Sunday, June 24, 2007

Stone Mtn Parkway

After a day of rest from traveling on Friday, up at 3:45 am to catch my 6:30 am flight, I am ready to begin exploring. Upon my arrival in Atlanta, I picked up my rental car and drove to Stone Mtn. Thank goodness for Mapquest. I found my sister's house with no problems. I then went to Best Buy to pick out my new little Point and Shoot camera. I got the Sony Cybershot. I waited until I got to the states because this same camera in PR was $40 more than if buying it here or online. My Olympus is really getting old and after my media card was corrupted during my trip to Denmark, I was unable to find another card for it, rendering my reliable camera useless. For now I just got a small little take everywhere camera until I am ready to get another SLR by the end of the year.

During my brief sightseeing yesterday, I was driving down this rode and looked up in front of me and saw the carving of Stone Mtn right in front of me. The site was really spectacular and caught me completely off guard. Good thing there was not any traffic in front of me. Anyway, today I am hoping to venture out and do some more sightseeing. I hope to have some photos with my new camera later.

No comments: