Monday, November 26, 2007

Holiday Rush

Wow, it seems like forever since I have worked in my studio. Since my last post, I managed to clean my studio and set up a new table for my encaustic work. But I haven't actually gotten in there to work. And I am really feeling the withdrawals of not doing so.

Last week I prepared for the Thanksgiving rush. We celebrated the day with some friends and had a great time. Over the weekend, we started getting things set up for Christmas and ventured out to the mall on Friday to get some shopping done. Got about 90% completed. Just a few more things to pick up and then we can call it done.

This week I am finishing up some cleaning projects, like my bedroom closet. Almost finished with that. Tomorrow I have to take my mother in law to the hospital for some dental surgery and she will be staying with us for a few days while she recuperates. Wednesday I need to pick up some paintings that have been exhibited and head over to the gallery to swap out some work and decorate. Then on Thurs. I am planning to get back to work. I don't know where the time goes. I really wish sometimes I could just forget the house and family stuff and just hibernate in my studio working until I drop. I need to head over to Home Depot to buy some more wood for panels also as I have gone through the ones I made last month. This time of the year is so hard to plan and schedule studio time.

No comments: