Saturday, January 26, 2008

I know I haven't posted in a while. I have been running around like a chicken with my...well you know the rest. Not enough time in the day to finish everything.

After an eventful and fabulous week of my figure painting workshop, I have been going nonstop preparing for our 9th annual EEAG juried show. And as Murphy's Law has it, everything that can go wrong, has. First, the day we shot the photos for the catalog, we only shot one for each participating artist. The museum requires a photo of all the pieces entered into the show for insurance purposes, so this week I was contacting all artists so that they could email me their images. All 98 pieces. I, then, in turn, had to prepare a cd containing all photos and take them to the museum. I also had to prepare the invitations and take them to the printer so they could be ready by tomorrow. After heading to the printer's yesterday, the invitations were not ready as promised and was told to return in 3 hrs. Upon returning home after picking up the invitations, I realized that they misprinted them. The plate they made was missing an all important "L" in the name of the museum. I immediately called them to see if they could fix this problem by today, and of course their response was no, they could not be redone until Monday. Way too late. So at this moment, I am reprinting 300 invitations on my printer. The other 200 was printed by a guild member who so graciously offered to help me out.

In between all this, I have been working diligently on the show's catalog. I designed and created the layout for it. It is now ready to be proofed and then set off to the printer, which by the way, will not be the same printer who screwed up the invitations. I also am on the hunt for a new printer and am hoping I can do this tomorrow, as our show is on Sat. the 2nd of Feb.

The drop off for the show is tomorrow and then we begin the hanging on Monday. It will probably take us two full days to hang the show. There will be 5 rooms in the museum for us to use. It is really a great space for a show. I will post photos of the show after the opening.

No comments: