Friday, May 16, 2008

Getting ready

In one week from today, we will be boarding an airplane and flying to Italy. Our trip begins with a short flight to Santo Domingo, then an overnight flight to Madrid. After 4 hrs in Madrid, we head to Rome. Once in Rome, we catch the train and arrive in Venice on Sat. around 9:30 pm. Sunday and Monday will be spent in Venice before heading off to Florence. We will stay 3 days in Florence, then rent a car, drive to Pisa, stay the night in Tirrinia and then drive down the coast to Livorno. After a night in Livorno , we are off to Siena, where we will spend 4 days. Since Siena is only about 30 km from Florence and right in the heart of the Tuscany wineries, we will drive around and just see what hits us. On the 4th, we depart to Florence to take a train back to Rome, where we will spend our remaining time, until the 8th, sightseeing and enjoying the treasures of Rome. On the 8th, we fly back to San Juan. This is a trip of a lifetime, my only regret is that we only have two weeks to visit there. So I am trying to get in as much as possible in the timeframe that we have.

On the home front, I have been planning itineraries, making hotel reservations and booking tours. In between, I have been trying to tidy up projects with several websites I have been working on, stocking up prints for the gallery, and planning my packing. I really wanted to begin my next art piece, but it doesn't seem like I will get the chance. I will be bringing my watercolors to Italy and my Canon EOS, and will be working while I am there. I am really excited about this trip.

No comments: