Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In Memoriam - Sep 1994 - Sept 8, 2008



After a whirlwind week in Miami with lots of birthday festivities and surprises, I returned home on Sunday only to have to put my 14 yr old cat Booboo to sleep on Monday. It was a very sad thing. While I was away, he began to go into renal and kidney failure. After my husband took him to the vet on Sat, they discovered he was diabetic and his organs were shutting down. On Monday when I went into the vet's office, Booboo was unresponsive and I knew it was time to let him go. I was there with him when he gasped his last breath and have been pretty much a wreck for the past couple of days.

It is amazing what our pets bring into our lives. They become family members and losing them is extremely hard. I know in my head he is in a much better place and is not suffering or in pain, but my heart aches each morning as I come downstairs and find him gone. My dogs, Riley and Bongo miss Boo also. They are not eating and keep walking around looking for him.

I am glad to have had him in my life for as long as I did. He was a great cat! I miss him terribly. The above photo was taken just this past Christmas, under the Christmas tree, his favorite place to hang out during the holiday season.

No comments: