Friday, October 3, 2008

In the Studio

Today I am in the studio. My plan is to go back and forth working on websites and painting. When I get to a breaking point with the website, I will paint and vice versa. Let's see how that works.

With my husband gone until Wed. I should get a lot of work done this weekend. I love it when there is no heading out of the studio at 5 pm to get dinner ready and prepare for his arrival from work. I am on my own schedule this week and will love it.

I constantly struggle with my housewife stuff and my artist stuff. The lines often cross each other and I feel guilty for neglecting either one. I am sure there must be a way to balance all this, but haven't quite managed to get the hang of it yet. When painting, I get totally immersed and time gets lost for me. It is hard to put a 9 - 5 on being creative. I forget that I am boiling eggs and have them explode, I forget to do laundry and to go to the grocery store. I also can't seem to justify leaving these tasks undone to be in the studio. I have hired a cleaning service to come in every two weeks to help out, but they don't do laundry. LOL Anyway, I will love spending all my time in the studio this week without having the pressures of running a house. Let's see what I am able to produce.

2 comments:

CMC said...

You said it, Glenda. I'm not saying men don't feel these things, too, in some ways but maybe it's just that women voice them. That said, women seem to be the ones "expected" to wear all these hats at one time and be sucessful at all of them.
On the going back and forth between web stuff and painting...that's my mode of operation all the time so I can come back and forth and get a new view of what I just left. I'm hoping it won't be as hard now that the studio is out the front door, climb stairs, etc. to get back and forth between.

Glenda said...

I usually go back and forth also. Unfortunately today, I was mostly at the computer trying to finish up this site I have been postponing while I was traveling. This one client has 4 websites that I maintain and she wanted changes on all of them. UGH!!!

I do however, have the encaustics burning and in between frustrtions of web design, managed to put some wax up on my canvas. I am fortunate that I have my desktop in my studio and a laptop in the house, so I can work where ever I may be.

Thanks for the comments!!! Here is tio both of getting some work done. ;-)