Sunday, October 5, 2008

My Creative Muse is Playing Hide and Seek

Before I totally trash this painting, I thought I would experiment and try to salvage it. It has taken so many turns since I began it last year. I have been reading and doing some exercises from the book "Art From Intuition" by Dean Nimmer that was recommended from my ex professor's blog, Kate Kretz. I have been looking at old family photos and trying to find images that sort of fit my original thought for this painting. Perhaps a new approach with mixed media can breathe new life into this piece. Still has a long way to go, but...

It has been so long since I have spent a period of time in my studio that I feel rusty and lost. It will come, but boy it is a painful process. I have all my trigger things for my muse to come, but she is hiding. My ritual for being in my studio is to burn incense, nag champa is my favorite, turn up my Itunes, take off my shoes and go. Not working so far.

As for Itunes, the new version has a genius button which when you select a song from your library, it puts together a group of similar music as a playlist. I am loving it. I am hearing stuff I didn't even realize I had in my 30,000+ library of music.

Below is my progress, or should I say pain, so far.

No comments: