Friday, August 3, 2007

Encaustics

I am a little bummed this morning as I know I will not get any studio time until Sunday. I have a meeting in San Juan this morning and won't be back home til this afternoon when I have to deal with my broken refrigerator, once again. Tomorrow I have a commitment to play golf with my husband and business assoc. which I will enjoy.

I have been contemplating working with encaustics for several years now and believe that by painting my Mantras will allow me a natural course to develop this technique. I ordered my first set of encaustic paints from Fine Arts Store. I can't wait to get them. I bought the instructional book, The Art of Encaustic Painting: Contemporary Expression in the Ancient Medium of Pigmented Wax by Joanne Mattera, a few years back and have been waiting to get the courage p to experiment. So now I have. I will be using an old electric frying pan with an external temperature control for the time being to see how I adjust before ordering the electric pallet from a supplier. I have admired the work of Tony Scherman since I was college. I can't wait to get started.

2 comments:

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

oh! good luck with your new adventure in encaustics. I look forward to seeing your creations!

Glenda said...

Wow, Thanks. I wen back and checked out your site and noticed you have done encaustics also. I will check in with you from time to time if that is ok. Nice body of work.