Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mantra 4

I really had a fabulous time today playing with the encaustics. I know I am really going to enjoy this medium. The possibilities of what one can do with it appears to be endless.

My journey today was to continue my Mantra series while experimenting with the new medium and allowing my muse to drive my direction. I took to the tools very quickly and felt comfortable with the heat gun. I painted with a pallet knife or brush in one hand and the heat gun in the other. I sat up my panel in the same manner as I do my canvases. I have a big wall at the end of my studio and I painted the same way as I always do. I don't think sitting at a table and having the panel in front of me would work. I enjoy the process of walking back and forth to evaluate my work.
This is my progress so far. As for an image, I thought I would use a familiar one that I had just been working with. I like the way it is juxtaposed on the canvas, but it still needs some more work so that someone will know that it is an iris. I am calling it a wrap today, but perhaps after dinner I will come back out and see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).