Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mantra 7 - Inspiration of a Memory

I have finally finished my 3 pieces that will be going tomorrow into a group show at the University of PR. I was really hesitant as to whether I would show some older work, or be brave and do something new in my new medium. The new medium won out. I really love the freedom that the encaustic affords me. Since it is quite impossible for me to get really detailed with my big brushes and quick drying medium, I find that I can express myself in a way that comes from my soul and not my mind. I am hoping that one day my mind and my soul processes will meet and become one. But until that time, I will settle for my soul taking the lead. If anyone who sees these images of my paintings and would like to comment or make suggestions, I am so open to hear them.

No comments: