Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A New Day, an new start

I awoke this morning really truly excited about working my studio for the first time in months. This past Sat. I attended a figure drawing class that the EEAG sponsors for guild members. I had forgotten how wonderful it was to just have a model in front of you and just draw for 3 hrs. As usual, I have been procrastinating going into my studio and working using the excuse that I have other things that were more important that needed to be done. In reality, my work is the most important thing and everything should come second. I wish there was a way where I could really put my work ahead of everything else. Until I am able to do that, I will not produce anything really truly worth making.

My girlfriend who is getting married in Oct has decided on a dress pretty much for her wedding in which I will be a bridesmaid for. Just as I feared, it is a sleeveless form fitting dress, a beautiful dress, but one that I would not normally wear. So now instead of my 1 hr a day workout, I have to up that to 2 hrs so that I have a shot in hell of looking halfway descent by Oct. What have I gotten myself into??? I needed to get into shape anyway. It always helps to have something to shoot for.

The goes for my work. With the impending opening of my show in Delaware in Sept, I really need to get a move on. I am planning a series of works on paper so that they can be easily transported. The theme of the show will be Mothers and Daughters as the opening of the show will fall on the 70th birthday of my mother who passed away in 1972. What better way to give homage to her than to open the show and celebrate her life as well as that of other mothers and daughters. A portion of the proceeds, if any, will be donated to Compassion International to help children in underprivileged countries get an education.

No comments: