Monday, November 28, 2011

A journey to recovery

http://www.sedonapsychicreading.com/article_faceofabuse.php

Ding...the light bulb has just gone off...18 yrs of trying to figure out what was wrong with me...turns out it wasn't me at all...well not completely...I guess it stems from an abusive childhood, where I found myself getting into relationships with the wrong people because I felt I didn't deserve better...allowed myself to be controlled and held at fault for everything that went wrong. I am two years out of a 16 yr. marriage and I finally am beginning to understand how controlled I was. Made to believe everything was my fault...made to believe I couldn't do anything without his help...or support...now on the road to recovery and in a new marriage, I struggle daily with feelings of being inadequate, not good enough, but the longer I am away, the more I realize how strong I truly am. I am in control of my own destiny...only I can stop myself!

No comments: